What is External Coaching?
External Coaching is a model of support for employees that they can access outside of their place of work. It is an service independent of their employer and safe, confidential space for them to talk through any issues they may have and find ways of working through them in a way that suits them.
Even when issues affecting an employee are not job related, they still have a significant impact on their ability to perform their job – whether that be due to the issue causing mental ill health, sickness absence or leaving the job entirely.
Millions are lost in the UK each through employee sickness due to stress and mental health issues, millions more through grievances and tribunals.
Coaching can work to create happy, productive teams and mitigate the need for more drastic measures later on.
Why is it Effective?
- It is a preventative measure that can save an organisation money – by allowing an employee access to an independent and confidential coaching service, they are able to discuss issues early on and mitigate the need for more intensive support later on.
- It strengthens leaders – coaching can provide leaders within the business a safe space to explore issues they may be having, as well as tools to lead and support their teams.
- It creates company cohesion – access to external coaching for all employees creates a thread of consistency and togetherness in the team.
- It is the sign of a caring employer – Recognising that all staff, regardless of their role can benefit from external coaching is a sign of a caring organisation that values it’s staff and identifies the need for support. Promoting mental good health is a must for all businesses, ensuring their staff feel valued and supported.
- It is independent – Good employers recognise the power of an indepenent support system to their business. Employees accessing support confidentially and outside of their work place are able to be open, honest and able to identify and tackle issues before they have an impact on their work.
- It is specialised – Unlike some employee assistance programs, coaching is a specialised service tailored to the needs of the individual.
How Does it Work?
Where: Via Skype or face to face in a location you feel most comfortable
When: Sessions are available throughout the week, some evenings and weekends.
How: Hours can be bespoke to the organisation, dependent on size and the nature of the business and can be discussed. Employees are able to access the service as and when they feel they need to.
Payment: Sessions are £30 per hour. Invoices are issued every 30 days and payment is due within 14 days of invoice.
Cancellations: Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the booked time or they will be charged for.
Confidentiality: All sessions are 100% confidential, unless there is a need to break this. Trends that are identified can be fed back to the appropriate management in agreement with relevant staff. Further information can be found under policies – confidentiality guidance.
For further information please get in touch via the contacts page.